Tips & Tricks
Add a place for which you have no name
Tap the Locate Me button in the upper left corner. The iPhone pans the map such that your position is at the center and markes it. Tap '+' at the top of the screen. A pin will mark your position at the center. Tap-hold-drag the pin until it is exactly where you want it. meteo4me checks its database to see if the pin's position corresponds to a predefined place. If this is the case, meteo4me labels the pin with that place name; otherwise, it labels the pin with "Unknown". Tap-hold-drag the pin to a different place if needed. Tap 'Done'. meteo4me stores the place in your place list, loads its weather forecast, and display it on the map.
How to navigate
You are viewing your place list and want not navigate directly to the DAY OVERVIEW or the METEOGRAM. With mete☼4me that's easy: If you touch a weathersymbol of any place, you will go directly either to the DAY OVERVIEW or METEOGRAM. To set the default direction, navigate to the desired screen (DAY or METEOGRAM) and return directly to the LOCATION list with the BACK button. If you touch any weather symbol in the LOCATION LIST, the last selected screen for this place will appear.
mete☼4me always returns to the screen visited last. Naturally, you can change from the PRO-Screen to the DAY screen again.
How can I create a sequence of places?
When you need forecast for road or trail you are on, use the map and the "AIM" (circle) button to locate your position and save places along the road or trail.
If you require weather forecasts along a hiking trail, road, or train or shipping line, navigate along the stretch on the map, use the "+" symbol (with the "pin") to mark a couple of places along the selected stretch. The locations are named automatically if there are nearby places. Otherwise you can name the places themselves in the place list, by choosing EDIT (the "pencil").
has been tested on all iPhone types and with all available Operating systems. However, there may be combinations of factors which we could not reproduce or which are caused by users-side configuration.
In this section, we publish some solutions for problems which users have reported.
If meteo4me does not function correctly, you should try to re-install it.
The procedure works like this:
- Terminate the running APP:
- press the Home button twice, until the Multitasking Bar (from OS 4 upwards) appears on the bottom of the screen. Then press one of the icons, until all APP symbols start to shake. Now the desired program can be terminated by pressing on the red (-) symbol.
- Delete the Icon from the Desktop:
- press Home button until the APP symbols begin to shake. Then delete the desired APP by pressing the black (X) symbol on the APP.
- Re-install the APP:
- call the programm "AppStore" on the iPhone, select the desired APP, and follow the instructions for re-installing. For a paid APP, there will be a request for payment. An APP which has been purchased already will NOT be charged again, the re-installation does therefore not cost again.
If Step 1 is not followed, the old version of the APP appears to be deleted, but may actually remain on the iPhone, although it appears that it has been replaced.
Updating the weather information
Upon opening mete☼4me
, the application searches the latest weather data. If there is no connection, the previously loaded data display.
Under certain circumstances, mete☼4me
may interrupt the loading process:
- If no internet connection is available;
- If the user makes a change to setup or locations during the loading process;
- If the user switches between applications during the loading process;
- If data have been loaded less than 1 hour ago.
Under certain circumstances, the interruption can lead to closure of the APP. In this case, simply restart it. If the closure occurs repeatedly, prevent the above listed circumstances from occuring. If this does not help, reinstall or contact us.