Satellite cloud cover (past 2 hours)
This animation shows the cloud cover as observed by satellite. High clouds and clouds with vertical development are displayed in white, low clouds and fog in grey. Orange crosses mark places where lightning was detected (over Europe). The location marker is placed on Basel. This map uses infrared satellite telemetry to calculate the temperature of the clouds. Low clouds and fog are difficult to distinguish from ground temperatures and might therefore be inaccurate. Copyright 2015 EUMETSAT / meteoblue.
Radar and precipitation nowcast for Basel
The location marker is placed on Basel. This animation shows the precipitation radar for the last hour, as well as a 1h forecast. Drizzle or light snow fall might be invisible for the radar. Precipitation intensity is colour coded, ranging from light blue to heavy purple.
0 mm precipitation in Basel at 01:20-02:35.
Meteogram - 5 days - Basel
Our 5-day meteogram for Basel offers all weather information in 3 simple graphs:
- Temperature chart with weather pictograms. The time from sunrise to sunset is indicated in light yellow.
- Clouds in different altitudes: from few clouds (light grey) to overcast (dark grey). Dark blue bars show hourly precipitation and light blue showers. An asterisk indicates snow fall.
- Forecasts for wind speeds are blue and for gusts are green. The arrowheads point in the same direction as the wind.
14-day weather - Basel
This chart shows the 14 day weather trend for Basel (Canton of Basel-Stadt, Switzerland) with daily weather symbols, minimum and maximum temperatures, precipitation amount and probability.
- The deviance is coloured within the temperature graph. The stronger the ups and downs, the more uncertain the forecast will be. The thick line represents the most probable trend.
- Deviance in precipitation is represented as a „T“. There will be notable uncertainties after 6-10 days.
- The forecast is created with „ensemble“ models. Several model runs with varying start parameter are calculated to estimate the predictability of the forecast more precisely.
The 14 day forecast should only be regarded as a trend, not as a precise weather forecast.