Our new website with a more modern look is live now. Thank you for testing our beta version, for your feedback and contributions.
The stepwise rollout is planned to gradually switch visitors to the new website and allow us to support those who need help. With this stepwise process, it is possible that some visitors still land on the old website or see different website versions on different devices. If you are viewing the old website, you can click on right banner to be redirected to the new website.
We are excited to tell you about what's new:
- Day and night pictograms: Day pictograms show weather forecasts between 6 o'clock in the morning and 18 o'clock in the evening. Night pictograms show forecasts between 18 o'clock in the evening and 6 o'clock in the morning. This was requested by many users (who sleep at night;-).
- Swipe function, now you can swipe to navigate through the 7-day forecast, very handy for devices with touch-displays.
- The new location search includes a bigger map and combines the search function, the favourites and the last visited locations at one point
- Bigger Satellite Images and Radar maps (where available) on the home page.
- New website navigation with categorised groups and expanding functionality.
- Our responsive design provides a better adaptation for mobile devices.
- Help popup show detailed legend description of the 7-day forecast on our homepage.
- The forecast Details webpage will no longer be shown on the new website, it will be redesigned and introduced later.
- We have removed the short-term precipitation forecast due to the large maintenance efforts (but replaced it with better satellite maps).
We hope that you will enjoy the website new design and features.